Boho Baby Gifts

A friend of mine has a new, beautiful, baby girl and I LOVE making baby things!

I may have gone a bit overboard but all the adorable fabrics and ribbons!  I couldn’t help myself.

She wanted a boho nursery with mainly neutrals & blush so here are the fabrics I started with.

5 Flannels, 2 Minkys, a single solid cotton and 1 Home Decor fabric. Oh and a cheater quilt fabric that I saved for another day.  Pretty sure JoAnn’s was happy to see me coming that day!

5 different Flannels (only 4 in the picture you didn’t count wrong 🤣)

3 different Minky fleeces.  I only used 2 for these so I have more to work with later!


The first thing I made was this Owl Taggie toy. 

Find the pattern here: http://www.smokymtnquilters.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Owl-Tag-Toy.pdf

This boho pattern Minky is sooo soft and beautiful too.
 You might have noticed the stitch lines down the center of the Taggies.  These are so baby can’t get her fingers tangled up in them.

Next was the baby Jackelope. We live in Colorful Colorado and love our bunnies.  So imagine my delight to find a bunny lovey, and antlers!  Hubby tried to name her Bunnicula, but no! This is Bunelope (rhymes with Penelope)

Bunny Lovey pattern from The Unlikely Nest 



A cute bib is never a bad idea!
The back is the same Minky fabric as the back of the owl.  I only got 1/2 a yard.  But there’s still some left! I got my pattern from Life With My Littles and adapted it to add the ruffles.  It didn’t come out quite like I hoped.  But I have learned for next time.  That is, next time I will pay for the pattern I loved from Etsy, and not try to cheat and do it for free.

I also wanted to make something for the nursery itself.  Something hopefully useful for Mom & Dad

This hanging organizer from Sew Can She  came out so beautiful!


And my favorite baby gift.  I have made a few of these and they’re always well spoken of.
The Ultimate Diaper Clutch from Apple Green Cottage.  This is a paid pattern.  I admit that I usually try to find a free pattern so I can be thrifty (Aka spend more money on craft supplies), but let me tell you, this pattern is worth every penny!  There are so many different options and such detailed, easy to follow instructions.  I highly recommend it.
This blush Home decor fabric was on clearance.  And it is sooo pretty!
A full size wipes container fits in the top.  And a zipper pocket for  all the little necessities. Oh and a pocket for diapers too.

 Of course I had to add my own touches as well.  There’s an extra D ring loop on the side for these extra important things:


Roll of Baggies.  Because sometimes you have to take dirty diapers with you.
I adapted this pattern from EHow

And Hand Sanitizer.  I don’t know many moms who don’t carry this with them all the time.
This pattern is from The Inspired Wren


But wait! There’s more!  I can’t sit at my sewing machine all the time so a crocheted gift or 2 was bound to wind up in there.


The noise maker ball is a pattern from Next to Nicx and the adorable baby turban pattern is from This Mama Makes Stuff.com. I couldn’t find the pattern on her blog anymore but there’s a YouTube video tutorial on Maddie’s Hatties.

So didI go overboard?  Or should I whip up a couple of bunny ear teething rings? Hmm...

Comments

Popular Posts