LOAD Day 1 Prompt: The boy who lived


Our first prompt is: The boy who lived.  Tell about someone you love
Technique prompt: Use circles, bonus for lightning bolt

Here is my Layout:



I figure my Hubby and son will both be around a while, but Hobbes is pushing 16 years old.  While he’s pretty healthy, he won’t live forever, so I thought I’d hit the prompt 2 ways, I love him & something he loves, the Fish Tank. I used the November Scrap Happy sketch, turned on it’s side.  



All of the papers except the cardstock are from my scraps, so I can’t promise I know the manufacturer.  I know the vertical paper is from Basic Grey. First the layers of paper rectangles (one is 2 short and has a hole in the middle, can you tell?) were inked, except the top one, with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and adhered down. Then the photo.

I thought fish stamped on pattern paper in coordinating colors would be nice.  (I think the green is Simple Stories but I may be wrong). I pulled out my Heartfelt Creations Under The Sea & Coral Reef Collage stamps & Dies.  I used Memento Cottage Ivy to stamp 2 big fish and a seahorse on the Simple Stories paper, and Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black to stamp 3 fish on the Burgundy patterned paper.  Then I used my Vagabond 2 to cut them out. 
 At first I had just the 3 fish where the circles are, but the burgundy one blended in too much, so I added a circle punched “bubble” behind it.  Then the 2 green ones needed bubbles too. 
 After adding the title, I thought the seahorse looked nice beside it.  But then, even after the journaling, it looked off balance.  So I added the little one on the bottom left corner of the photo.  
My sister in-law commented that the one fish’s tail “might need more glue” but I liked it lifting up and decided to enhance it with foam squares.  I added one under the top Green fish’s tail too, and under the burgundy fish at the bottom.  I used the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit to shape the little fish. . I layered some stickers from two different American Crafts sticker books: Vicki Boutin and, Jen Hadfield Homemade. 
 It seemed to me that the cluster on the left needed some green to match the one on the right, so I punched a butterfly.  The first one was too big, (and eventually ended up in the title cluster) but the smaller one was just right.  Of course, It couldn’t be the only butterfly, so I punched 2 more from the leftover burgundy scrap.
  A few enamel dots in triangles at the 3 clusters (does it seem like 4? I can’t decide!) some splatters of Glimmer Mist,  and a date stamp and it is complete.  

Note: I am not affiliated with any manufacturer or designer.  I put these links in for your convenience only  and I do not receive any compensation from any company or designer. 

Comments

Popular Posts